View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Daox
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,554 Posts
I'm not as much 'working on' as 'would like to be working on' unfortunately. My second job is killing my free time, and will hopefully be over real soon.

I have read up on hydrogen injection quite a bit and have talked with the guy who helped design some of the HAFC system. He is a very knowledgable engine builder that helped DiamondLarry get the 60+ mpg out of his Saturn.

I quickly read through your post on the other forum. You really need to run through at least a half tank to see what is going on. I've heard pump to pump variations can be as much as .5 gallons, so your numbers you have now are pretty much useless as proof. If your still having problems with tuning you need to go back to the tuner and have him fix it. No offense, but you do not know enough to get it to run properly. Lean burn conditions create mixtures that are very hard to ignite properly. You may have to go with a smaller spark plug gap to fix this. Your tuner should really know all this already though. Have you contacted him since you had it tuned the first time?

BTW, welcome to the site.