View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #137 (permalink)
ECONORAM
halos.com

ECONORAM - '07 Dodge RAM 1500 QC SLT flex-fuel
90 day: 18.16 mpg (US)

the Avenger - '08 Dodge Avenger SXT
90 day: 27.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via Yahoo to ECONORAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumnasgt View Post
I've been wondering for a while what people's reasoning is for getting a car with an automatic, so I thought I'd start a poll. I think I've thought of all the general reasons, obviously explaining more in a reply is even better

As for my family's Sonata, we weren't able to get a used one with a manual in our price range. At first I hated the auto (first I'd ever driven), but it's growing on me. A DSG gearbox would be nicer, as it gets a bit annoying having to pay so much attention to keep the TC locked up as much as possible while going up inclines on the highway. And gas mileage in the city is rubbish.
I voted couldn't get a manual because it wasn't available, but the truth is Dodge (now RAM) only made 10% of the RAM fleet half-tons with a stick shift for 06-08. Now they make zero. GRRR. I honestly have plans to swap to a stick, but for the meantime...I am shiftless.
For those blessed with a stick, remember smoothness is the key to shifting. The passengers should not feel much when you change gears.