View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
kazesay
EcoModding Lurker

Anyone know why this site keeps telling me I can't post?
I keep logging in and being redirected to the log in page again and again.
I finally got in by switching from IE to Firefox and trying a half dozen times with that browser.

Anyway, yes, I have talked to my tuner. He suggested testing the grounds against chassis ground from my ECM as well as the optimizer computer. I'm gonna try and do that over the weekend maybe if I feel like it. It's a lot of tedious work though that I may not feel like doing haha.

Also, I think I'm going to try tuning in IM test mode, which allegedly gets the ECM accustomed to the HAFC, then switch it to normal mode, which allegedly will then keep the mileage consistent. I will probably try that before testing all the grounds but a ground problem would probably explain a few other problems I've had before even installing the system.

Once I get this running well on some short mileage tests I'll try and do a longer one. Problem is I can't really tell when I'm at half a tank. My fuel gauge doesn't work for some reason. I always just go by the trip odometer but with my mileage being as out of whack, good or bad, as it is that's not a very good method. I have a scangauge II but I'm not sure if that calculates the fuel in the tank or actually reads it from the sensor input, which may be busted anyway. Advance Auto tells me the fuel lever sender is a dealer part though so I've been hesitant to get it fixed knowing the cost it could incur.

BTW thanks man.
>Dave