View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schelter View Post
I'll let you know when I see anything new as I work for Enterprise/National. Enterprise actually has a poster up in their branches which proclaims the most efficient fleet @ 28 mpg avg.
National is actually who I rent from (Exec status for about 5 yrs, avg 2 cars/week). I love being able to pick whatever I like and the rewards program is the best in the business. Plus there's the occasional Prius and other efficient offerings that I like to find. Keep up the great work -- as you can see, I practically live in rental cars

Quote:
..it'll be interesting to see which car rental agency gets & uses what vehicles in 2011, but I don't forsee the Volt™ being one of them (ha,ha)!
I hope to see more Fords on the lot -- I haven't tried the Fiesta yet, for example. But for average fleet use, the Fusion is my favorite. The Impala is the most common fleet vehicle, but it's nice to have a change of pace.

To predict 2011, I expect to see more Chryslers products. I bet there are lots to choose from since they haven't sold well. Kia/Hyundai seems to have a large presence (anymore, you can't go wrong with those). I hope to come across the Cruze and more efficient compacts. The average business renter expects an upgrade, so I see lots of large vehicles in the mix. I usually wander around to find (potentially) something with good FE (Satellite radio is another big plus).

So far this year, I had an Dodge Avenger R/T (2.4L-4) last week for about 800 miles. With mostly highway driving, it averaged close to 30 mpg. Next week, I should add 2 more to the list.

RH77

_
_