View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #24 (permalink)
Bennett_Racing
Novice but learning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcane View Post
Are you having traction problems at the top end of the track? If not, consider removing your wing. A friend with a mid 7 second econorail picked up several tenths by removing his wing. It provided significant downforce and drag, but it was unneccessary for his car. Maybe as a method of testing, gradually reduce the angle of attack on your wing to see what it does to your ET and trap speeds until it's completely flat before removing. Make sure the driver is prepared while you do this, I'd hate for you/him to throw it into a guardrail if it does start to slip.

Can you switch to a funny car body? Your chassis looks close enough to make it work.

Extend your nose back to the engine if allowed. Build deflectors into the side of the body to divert air around the rear wheels.

I doubt you will see much change due to the extinguishers, but if you do anything, can you relocate them inside the frame rails? (under the nose cone, or just in front of the motor).
at the moment it actually needs MORE downforce, were finding at 200+ its gets very light at top end,

we own funny car body too, but this class is for 'altereds' only

i did think about moving fire bottles too, got to help to be 'tucked in'