View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
You can read about the fair at:
Organic Gardening, Modern Homesteading, Renewable Energy, Green Homes, Do it Yourself Projects

The fair is booths, lectures, and presentations, book sales, animal husbandry, renewable energy and more.

The first one, out in Pennsylvania really was a blast - I'm glad I was there.

Also, the organizer of the event asked me to assist in arranging for a "Home-built Car Show."

We are looking for home-built electrics and other heavily modified/eco-friendly vehicles with the home-brew twist. For example, at last year's event, there was a car there that ran on the gasification of wood pellets. There was also to be a built-from-scratch turbo-diesel veggie-oil burning roadster. Unfortunately, that guy got in a car accident on the way driving to the event! (From the other side of the country!) He will be at this coming Mother Earth Fair.

The fair organizers are also looking for presenters/presentations on clean transportation. For example, last year, I was at the event and presented on how I built my own electric car.

If you have a vehicle you would be interested in showing, or have an idea for a presenter or presentation, please contact me!

Thanks,

-Ben

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos