View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 05:42 AM   #38 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

New Mod

Hi all,

With the snow and stuff no new mods until last week. Unfortunately a deep pot hole on the M8 filled with water so I didn't see it and CLANG...

The services were close by* so I pulled in there and checked out everything. It was peeing down with rain so I just checked the tyres were all inflated and that Helga drove OK. Spotted this later on.

I've taken it to a couple of places that repair wheels but they won't touch it as they think it may be cracked. The rim is certainly mis-shapen and bulges out when you look at the wheel from the tyre side.

I don't think I can get one of these wheels as TSW don't make that type any more and second hand ones could have the same issues. I priced up standard VRS wheels as they are narrower (see, thinking ecomodder style ) but they come up at nearly £600 for a set of 4 plus tyres.

So I will have to trundle down to my local cheap ricer / boy racer wheel emporium and see what they have in the same size and get a set of 4 to match - and get them to take my nearly new tyres across as well. Another 2 of the wheels are damaged on the rim anyway thanks to a taxi and Mrs A clanging a curb to avoid it.

As an alternative I need to get the rear discs replaced and I was going to use my local tame car mechanics to do that due to lack of time and its wet / cold outside and I have no garage. As they fit tyres I may buy some cheapo wheels online and get them to do the tyre swap for me.

Either option thats my Christmas bonus and pressie money gone then.

On the good side I'm at 375 miles on this tank with (according to the range computer) about another 315 to go. That could be an 800 mile tank but it is usually very optimistic. Still maybe P&G will work.

*Arragonis safety tip for people in the UK. Spend as little time stopped on a motorway hard shoulder as possible, its a very very dangerous place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bugger.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	7641