Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #31 (permalink)
The PRC.

That definitely saves a lot of tapping

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-29-2010, 07:38 AM   #32 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Mistress - '88 Bmw 320i Touring SE
Team m8
Last 3: 27.17 mpg (US)

Germany Beadle - '91 Mercedes 300td (estate, N/A)
90 day: 24.63 mpg (US)

The Bloodylingo - '05 Citroen Berlingo Multispace Desire
90 day: 39.77 mpg (US)

Shanner Scaab - '03 Saab 9-5 estate Vector
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Clio 182 - '05 Renault Clio RS 182 182
90 day: 31.73 mpg (US)
Indeed.

Young Mr Hill is also a bone of contention between Scottish and English folks- much banter can be had with his name.

Also have a look for Bruce Forsyth if you want to see more "Air dam" Chins..

Have you decided against the smoothed look Arragonis (he says in a subtle attempt to get the thread back on track...)
Old 11-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #33 (permalink)
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320touring View Post
Indeed.

Young Mr Hill is also a bone of contention between Scottish and English folks- much banter can be had with his name.

Also have a look for Bruce Forsyth if you want to see more "Air dam" Chins..

Have you decided against the smoothed look Arragonis (he says in a subtle attempt to get the thread back on track...)
"Young Mr Hill", its almost like "Young Mr Grace" - another reference that will confuse anyone under 35 and/or not from the UK.

I may go 'chinny' but not at the moment as we have a foot of global warming to clear out first and I have a budget for Helga. Next up is the aforementioned small diet and when the weather improves some better aero. I have a bead on a PD160 intake kit from someone who is replacing their's with a K&N kit so that may go on as well.

Nights are also drawing in here - we have a friend from MN staying with us (who didn't fly out this morning because of the GW on the ground) and she is amazed how early it gets dark here - dusk is done by 4-30. All of this leaves little time or light for Ecomodding at the moment.

Also Snow is useless for MPG, especially as when getting the Mrs' car on the drive you let out the clutch (slowly) only to sit still with the wheels turning slowly...
Old 11-30-2010, 08:10 AM   #34 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Mistress - '88 Bmw 320i Touring SE
Team m8
Last 3: 27.17 mpg (US)

Germany Beadle - '91 Mercedes 300td (estate, N/A)
90 day: 24.63 mpg (US)

The Bloodylingo - '05 Citroen Berlingo Multispace Desire
90 day: 39.77 mpg (US)

Shanner Scaab - '03 Saab 9-5 estate Vector
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Clio 182 - '05 Renault Clio RS 182 182
90 day: 31.73 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
"Young Mr Hill", its almost like "Young Mr Grace" - another reference that will confuse anyone under 35 and/or not from the UK.
I'm 29

Offer of my Unit stills tands (assuming I can get through!)
Old 12-18-2010, 03:02 PM   #35 (permalink)
The PRC.

New Mod

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sticker.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	7531  
Old 12-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #36 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
On the rear window window, eh? Reduces back-pressure/wake area?

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Old 12-19-2010, 05:30 PM   #37 (permalink)
The PRC.

Yes, I'm going for the NASCAR idea of cars in a line...

...when they all come too close to try and work out what the sticker says.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:42 AM   #38 (permalink)
The PRC.

New Mod

Hi all,

With the snow and stuff no new mods until last week. Unfortunately a deep pot hole on the M8 filled with water so I didn't see it and CLANG...

The services were close by* so I pulled in there and checked out everything. It was peeing down with rain so I just checked the tyres were all inflated and that Helga drove OK. Spotted this later on.

I've taken it to a couple of places that repair wheels but they won't touch it as they think it may be cracked. The rim is certainly mis-shapen and bulges out when you look at the wheel from the tyre side.

I don't think I can get one of these wheels as TSW don't make that type any more and second hand ones could have the same issues. I priced up standard VRS wheels as they are narrower (see, thinking ecomodder style ) but they come up at nearly £600 for a set of 4 plus tyres.

So I will have to trundle down to my local cheap ricer / boy racer wheel emporium and see what they have in the same size and get a set of 4 to match - and get them to take my nearly new tyres across as well. Another 2 of the wheels are damaged on the rim anyway thanks to a taxi and Mrs A clanging a curb to avoid it.

As an alternative I need to get the rear discs replaced and I was going to use my local tame car mechanics to do that due to lack of time and its wet / cold outside and I have no garage. As they fit tyres I may buy some cheapo wheels online and get them to do the tyre swap for me.

Either option thats my Christmas bonus and pressie money gone then.

On the good side I'm at 375 miles on this tank with (according to the range computer) about another 315 to go. That could be an 800 mile tank but it is usually very optimistic. Still maybe P&G will work.

*Arragonis safety tip for people in the UK. Spend as little time stopped on a motorway hard shoulder as possible, its a very very dangerous place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bugger.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	7641  
Old 01-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #39 (permalink)
Left Lane Ecodriver

Prius C - '12 Toyota Prius C
Perhaps this would be a nice opportunity to upgrade to some nice P175/70R14, in LRR, and with less airy wheels. Bonus: They won't bottom out in potholes, especially when inflated to sidewall max.

The roads are always cratered around here, so I hit potholes all day long. I really wonder how low profile tyres ever caught on. Maybe it's just pronking.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #40 (permalink)
The PRC.

The front tyres are quite new and the rears are hardly worn. At the moment we are looking at quite a few house repairs from the snow and ice recently, including relaying the driveway (blocks) and replacing the garage door which fell off, so it seems the cheapest option is to just replace the wheels and get the tyres swapped over.

Plus Mrs A (who does 5x the mileage I do) is needing some car maintenance doing at the same time (again no time to spanner myself), and she is 50 this year so some saving needed for a worthwhile trip / treat

I have set a fuel and maintenance budget this year to be stricter with things than I have been in the past, a new years resolution. I have sold my netbook which is covering about 40% of the cost, so not too bad plus my budget allows for savings on fuel due to increased MPG. I have set it based on 45 MPG so if I hit a target of 60 then thats cash I can put back into the budget too.

Anyway I've ordered a set of these

and I'll get the rear disk replacement arranged and get them to swap the tyres at the same time.