View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
LUVMY02CREW
EcoModding Apprentice

TANK the fifth - '02 Chevrolet S10 Crew Cab 4x4 LS
90 day: 20.44 mpg (US)
My awesome cousin gave us a car!!!

Hey folks,
Because of time constraints, I've just been lurking more than posting lately.

Since I had time today, I thought I would share with ya'll that as of last weekend we have a new ride at our house, at least new to us. My wonderful cousin knew that we have been looking around for a cheap/inexpensive vehicle for our son to purchase with his limited savings. Well, her neighbor was ready to let go of an older car and my cousin got a good deal on it, bought it and gave to us for our son to use.

It is a 1994 Buick Century, 3.1L V6, Front Wheel Drive with 92,000 miles on it. The interior and exterior are in great shape for a 17 yr old vehicle. It has relatively new tires with less than 1k miles on them. The car has been driven very little over the past couple of years.

We got an oil and filter change & lube job done on it a couple of days ago. We haven't had much time to do other stuff yet. Plus, my son is gonna be responsible for the bulk of the $ spent on this car, so I'm trying to make sure he doesn't go crazy and blow all his money at once.

I'm still in the process of learning about this vehicle and engine. I have not worked on one of these before, so my son and I will be working together alot on this car. I told him he will be mainly responsible for things done to it and I will help out some and supervise alot.

I've got some questions for the good folks here at ecomodder....
1. What is a good web forum for Buicks? I'm on 2 for my s10, but haven't looked into any for a Buick.

2. Do ya'll know of any big issues with these cars that I need to keep my eyes open for?

3. What are some of your ideas of things we need to do soon to make sure we get this car into good running order? I have some ideas of my own, but I want to hear from you to compare ideas and make sure we don't overlook something.

Thanks in advance for any answers ya'll give and thanks for everyone who makes this a great forum.