View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 01:39 AM   #63 (permalink)
Red
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888 View Post
Since you're mechanic savvy do you plan to do any modifications to the car to improve it's mpg over what a stock insight is capable of?

Been thinking about it. I really want to lower the car about an inch, theres tons of space inside the wheel wells and more than enough ground clearance below. Cept there is no aftermarket suspension stuff for it.

I want to do a grille block, replace the bottom grille/deflector thing built into the bumper with a grille block. I've always been leery of grille blocks cause of the cooling effect it will have. My parents have wasted enough engines by overheating them so I like to have some extra cool capacity. The Jeep its cooling system is pretty marginal, I'm not too sure how hardy the Insight' is. And I don't want to potentially break anything major.

Internally I want to add some gauges. I'm so used to the Jeeps full featured dash (volt, oil pressure, water temp) that it feels like im blind inside the Insight. The LCD display, while cool, isnt very exact.

Extend the factory belly pans to the rear bumper, right now they feed a rear deflector under the rear axle. I want to extend the pan all the way back.