View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #433 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine12 View Post
I appreciate the comeback. Apparently not everyone is as interested. I thought this site was about getting the most efficiency out of a factory vehicle with the minimum of investments and sharing your results.
I didn't realize this would get such a heated response ("And then argue about the validity of the results of someone with zero history / credibility on the forum? Doesn't take a crystal ball to see where this is going")
I am not an engineer or scientist, just a backyard experimenter like most of you. I do not claim to know everything and I am not selling nor promoting any product.
Lets keep it that way, no selling thats why some people here are ticked.
Quote:
I understand the skepticism but as with any of the mods on this site there will always be skeptics even after the mod has been proven to work. I do not force my views on anyone but I thought someone might be interested in hearing of an individuals experimenting with a new idea and what the results are whether positive or negative.
I have always promoted the idea of sharing results so that another individual can take those results and hopefully improve on them. Since I am using a factory vehicle with a rough investment of only $200 I saw this as an opportunity to follow that premise.
Go ahead no one here will stop you but they might question you. A few of us are interested in the results, failure or sucess. (oh and best not to really mention what system you are using unless asked in private)
Quote:
If this continues to be an issue then I will be glad to keep my experiments and my ideas to myself.
Nah don't do that, just remember though follow protocall if you can figure a way of driving the same route day in and day out in a log for a daily driver, calculate your mileage over a full tank then repeat for the schenarios I provided, no one here is likely to wine too much.

And I would strongly recommend you input a good base log of fuel economy for the vehicle without mods so we can see how you are driving and how your fuel economy averages now in the real world.

You might be told it doesn't prove anything though even after that though by a few, don't worry much about it.

My father is a diabetic with gum disease, his dentist said he would have to come in every 3 months or more to have scaling, after a couple years my father started brushing his teeth with Master Miracle gel and soap (Miracle II) and didn't go back to the dentist for over a year. The dentist said his teeth were much better shape and his numbers were improved to normal, he said he could probably come in less often like every 6 months instead of 3 months. My father told him it had been over a year so he would come in less often.

The dentist didn't much like that but asked him what type of products or techniques he had been using on his teeth as he had never seen a diabetic heal gum disease. My father told him and then the dentist was not very happy at all and said that was snake oil.

What I have learned over the years is that placebo or not doesn't matter much if you get the results you need. Many people won't accept something unless someone with a great deal of power and respect in a field says its so, sometimes you need to find your own truth and learn what does and does not work for you.

Just don't oversell it, don't lie and don't expect anyone to like it (but a few will, failure or success will add more data points)

Cheers
Ryan
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rmay635703 For This Useful Post:
richtate (02-01-2011), t vago (01-30-2011), wolverine12 (01-31-2011)