View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
billhac
EcoModding Lurker

nEon - '96 dodge neon
newbie starting ev #2

hello all, as you can tell from the title im new to this site, I have been posting at DIY for a while, but I like the diversity of this site better so I thought I would start a thread here about my second EV conversion. first I have built and drive a 96 dodge neon EV, and I love driving it everywhere, but so does my son. I would say I have a bit of a dilima, because now that he has a license, he is allways gone in it. So, i thought it whould be a great time to build #2, i would like to do a ranger, but any small truck will do, and I have allready been gathering parts. at this time I have started on anothe one of pauls controllers, because the one on my neon has worked so well that a second one is a must. I have also been tinkering with Igbts, not faring to well with them though. I will build my own charger, and today i got the motor that I want to use in the truck. It is a GE 48v motor from a hyster forklift. it is about 8" x 13" or so the pics tell it better. so as I go I will post progress here, and am open to any suggestions.
thanks for reading and looking at the pics, first one is my nEon. the rest are the motor that i plan to use.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0001.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	7763   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0002.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	7764   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0006.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	7765   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0007.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	7766  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billhac For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (02-04-2011), Ryland (02-05-2011)