View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Actually some of his comments are somewhat truthfull,

Hydrogen does implode briefly before exploding, given the time your engine piston is moving up and down this does actually affect timing greatly, the Hydrogen sucks up a little then blows it back down. This is known by people that have worked with hydrogen cars (not HHO) I have no doubt that if you could run an HHO only car it would be the same behavior.

Also Hydrogen has an unusual behavior in regards to heat, although it produces a very high temperature locally, that temperature is not transmitted very far, holding your hand a relatively small distance away from the torch is warm but doesn't burn you like a normal torch would at the same distance.

I have personally watched someone "weld" glass together with a hydrogen torch, it melts when in direct contact with the torch and doesn't pool like you normally would get, somewhat interesting for real welding also.

So he is half right on some of his comments. I wouldn't mind having an HHO torch myself, no fantasy that it would burn and melt stuff.

Cheers
Ryan