View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
SVOboy
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
Are you really? Better have a passport and a good spot in Brazil or the Northwest territories where they won't find you

My guess is when energy starts becoming expensive in the true sense you will see jobs dissappear, wages drop massively, prices skyrocket and property taxes become impossibly high. Around here they want to increase property taxes because of foreclosures, makes good sense eh?

So even if you can live off the land as it were you probably will loose your property if it gets that bad.

If the fire is burning the house down, add more gas.
Moving from the US to Japan is basically a microcosm of what it would be like in the US if energy stopped being cheap.

I pay 3x what you people pay for electricity, which is pro-rated to charge more if I use lots, 2x for gas, 2x for natural gas, have to buy trashbags to throw out my trash, etc etc on and on. No big deal though.

When people get used to having 90% of their money to spends on things they don't need, that's where problems arise, in my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to SVOboy For This Useful Post:
JacobAziza (02-11-2011)