View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 02:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Jim-Bob
Junkyard Engineer

Super-Metro! - '92 Geo Metro Base

$250 Pizza Delivery Car - '91 Geo Metro Base
Team Metro
90 day: 43.75 mpg (US)

Fronty the wonder truck - '98 Nissan Frontier XE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovie View Post
i was reading my popular science mag and they say that we have the technology to take co2 out of the air and make fuel from it through some chemical processes but they say the cost would be about 4 dollars per gallon so it's not reasonable now but i was thinking they need to get the technology going so they can better the process you know like have it to where 20 percent of our fuel is produced from co2 in the next 10 years because if they add it to gas instead of ethonal then it would be more reasonable to do for example if 20 percent of our fuel was made from co2 and the price is 4 dollars per gallon and the price of fuel where i'm at is 3.14 dollars per gallon a 20 percent mix woul be 3.51 dollars a gallon. and also the crap where the government stoped all nuclear power plant production was completly stupid cause the chinese are opening a power plant thats 100 times more effiecent then anything we have and there's no nuclear waste cause the plant burns the rods afterwards so no radioactive waste.
Your post is very difficult to read due to your lack of proper punctuation and capitalization. I'm not trying to be the forum's grammarian but your posts would have far more credibility were you to clean them up a bit before posting. The lack of ANY periods makes it seem as though it is a paragraph-length run-on sentence. Remember that this is not a text message. It is a forum post where you have time to write in a cogent and concise manner.
No green technology will ever make a substantive environmental impact until it is economically viable for most people to use it. This must be from a reduction in net cost of the new technology, not an increase in the cost of the old technology through taxation

(Note: the car sees 100% city driving and is EPA rated at 37 mpg city)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jim-Bob For This Useful Post:
brucepick (02-14-2011)