View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
93civicvx
EcoModding Lurker

93civicvx - '93 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 52.33 mpg (US)
Wink

Thanks everyone for the responses ! I do appreciate your alls time.
Old Tele Man - appreciate the "why" it is happening - had my assumptions as to the mechanics of what was going on, but wanted a more definitive answer... Assuming there is no DIY fix action or mod, the only way to solve the issue is to replace the sending unit with a new one, as getting one from the junk yard would be a crap shoot...
As far as just living with it, I launch rockets into space for a living and allowing an anomaly to go unresolved is well, unthinkable ! LOL I wouldn't be able to sleep at night ! LOL I will let it ride for now as I am currently on the quest to resolve safety & mpg issues for the moment, but will get around to the sending unit as the car pays me to drive it ! i.e. I also own a 1991 5.0 Mustang ( purchased new in May of 1991 ) and it only gets 17.5 mpg ( was getting 21.5 mpg with the stock 2:73 gears 'till I dropped in a 3:55 gear in the rear... ). I set up an "excell" ( Numbers program on my iMac ) with functions set up such that every time I put gas in the VX, it tells me how much $ I saved NOT driving the 5.0 !! So, the money "saved" pays for tweaks/mods to the car