View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 01:40 AM   #22 (permalink)
stovie
EcoModding Apprentice

the green machine :P - '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ
90 day: 20.92 mpg (US)

Thee s10 - '00 Chevy S10
90 day: 24.27 mpg (US)

Freedom - '05 Kawasaki Ninja 250EX
90 day: 75.55 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
I think biofuel from algae is waiting in the wings. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see the beauty in that stuff. I think like many others have said here, it is just a matter of maintaining the status quo, everything is in place to pump petroleum outta the ground, process it, distribute it, and burn it up in our cars. Until that runs out, I don't think competing technologies will be allowed to emerge.

I like the comment on Nuclear Power, it is obscene that we do not reprocess the nuclear fuel from our plants in order to use it all up. The fact that we don't reprocess and that all the spent fuel from all the nuclear reactors remains on the site of the nuclear plant from which it was pulled, leads me to believe some truly moronic people are behind these policies. America is mega ignorant about what is reality in the nuclear industry. If the public to know more, and understood it, we'd have nuke plants providing all our electric needs, and reprocessing would require the disposal of only a small amount of high level waste with a few hundred year half life instead of the few hundred thousand year half life of the current "spent fuel" waste.

Ya had to get me started didn't cha???
on the nuclear power, the government placed a ban on producing nuclear power plants when there was the melt down of though's plant's back in the 60's or 70's (i think i don't remember the dates right now). It's idiotic for the government to ban a technology just because something bad happened once you know, i mean we have a problem with a nuclear power plant or 2 and the government bans the production of anymore nuclear power plants. We have a problem with 1 oil rig in the golf and they shut down drilling for almost a year it really makes no sense if you ask me!!(i understand having a freeze on drilling in the golf to double check the rigs for anything wrong but there's no reason to have it as long as they have)