View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
ChazInMT
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
I'm a big believer in some kinda contraption being built someday which will provide endless cheap clean energy for us, we'll put a cup of water in our cars for fuel, and drive (or fly) for 300,000 miles. But, this will be done on the atomic level, not with chemistry. The Mr. Fusion in the "Back to the Future" movie is the dream I'm hoping to see come true. I delight in knowing that the LHC in Switzerland is going to start peeling back the layers of mystery regarding the true nature of matter, gravity and particle physics. That is where our future lies, not on a You Tube video...(Unless of course, the folks at CERN decide You Tube is their preferred outlet to present their findings....anything is possible) I'm not takin a crap on yer pancakes because I'm mean, I'm doing it because I'm educated enough, and smart enough, to recognize utter bull crap when I see it. I will not sit by and let it go unchallenged.

People used to drink Radium for good health, they'd spill out a quart of blood to cure their ills, there is an endless amount of stupid things people did using pseudo-science to support their claims and deeds. They were still stupid regardless of their good intentions.

HHO generation is a blatant kick in the crotch of known scientific principles, the energy required to separate the hydrogen and oxygen in water molecules is greater than the energy released by putting them back together. And even if it were the same, efficiency losses would absolutely kill you; you would need to get 3 to 5 times the energy out of the combustion of the hydrogen to get to a point where it could act as an energy source. As I said early on, the numbers do not add up when you look at the basic nature of what HHO claims to accomplish.