View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 04:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
ChazInMT
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Stovieeeeeee....Stovieee......STOVIE! No one in here has denied the fact that you can generate hydrogen & oxygen with electricity. The reason you need baking soda is because pure water does not conduct electricity worth a dam. You are using electrolysis; it isn't some "Easier way" that isn't electrolysis. Again, even though it seems like you're cranking out a crap load of gas, it is in fact a very insignificant amount. The energy density of hydrogen at low pressures is very low, and the oxygen being created does not contribute much either since 21% of the atmosphere is oxygen.

How long does it take before you need to add more water to your cell? My understanding is that it takes hours. Let’s say 3 and in that time you use up a pint of water. Well, my Honda getting 35 MPG Hwy at 70mph will use 6 gallons of gasoline in that 3 hours. Keep in mind that Gasoline is Hydrogen and Carbon primarily. So when we burn gasoline with the oxygen in the air, we generate a bunch of CO2 & CO gas, plus we have H2O being created. If we condensed the H2O going out the tail pipe, we'd see we get about 1 gallon of water for every gallon of gasoline we burn. So in essence, if you were to use up 1 pint of water over 3 hours, and use that gas to contribute to the combustion cycle, you would be adding 1 part of fuel in 48 (48 pints are in 6 gallons) to the system with your gas generator. That's roughly 2%. There isn't some voodoo thing going on like a catalytic reaction because the hydrogen from you gas generator is somehow better than the hydrogen locked up in the gasoline. You are at best adding a tiny amount of fuel to the system, and it is a real energy drain to create the fuel. You aren't using waste energy, you create a load on the alternator, which makes the engine have to produce more power, which needs more fuel, so any small gain you my achieve with your small additional hydrogen contribution, gets wiped out. (BTW, I think I’m being very generous when I say you disassociate a pint of water in 3 hours)

This is why I say the numbers don't add up. If they did, we'd all certainly be using it because if it works well on a small scale, it would work great on a large scale. All of mankind’s energy needs would be solved if HHO generators produced more energy than they consumed, everything would run on it, ships, trains, power plants, cars, boats, bulldozers and trolley cars. It would be swell indeed. But it doesn't, so we don't. Cold hard facts just cannot be overcome by deceptive marketing or wishful thinking. Spend your time and energy adding a boat tail to your vehicle, or making sure your tires are overinflated.