View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 06:20 AM   #31 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovie View Post
see how much hydrogen and oxygen is created,
I think it would be useful ... for your own on going refinements as well as for others ... if you quantified two important things:
  • what is the rate of liquid water consumption in 1 hour.. ideally in grams.
  • how much electrical energy kwh were used in that 1 hour.

I figure it is much easier to measure the consumption of liquid water than to accurately measure the gas production ... and sense we know the balanced chemical formula H20 ... we will have a reasonably accurate estimate of how much hydrogen and how much oxygen was produced given a specific amount of consumed water and consumed electricity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovie View Post
on anything else i'd say go with the science but this is something that has to be done personally to be proven.
Experimentation is at the heart of science ... you just need to include some accurate measurements in order to quantify the results... the quantified data is just as important the method of experimentation.

When I have done experiments with electrolysis and Hydrogen ICEs myself ... I found that the quantification was the most useful part... and I found using the weight of consumed water was the easiest way to quantify the amount rate of consumption... and accurate quantification of the volume consumption could also be used ... but I preferred the by weight method myself.

After you get some quantified numbers of the two things you are consuming you will be in a much better position to evaluate any refinements you make ... to see if they improved or reduced the efficiency of the equipment ... just like we need to quantify the number of miles and the number of gallons in order to determine the MPG.

best of luck with measuring your consumption ... be sure to post the results when you have them.