View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
MGB=MPG
Smooth Operator

Old Yellar - '79 MGB Tourer Drop-Hood Coupé
Sports Cars
90 day: 25.83 mpg (US)

Old Brown Ford - '91 Ford Bronco Custom

MAGNUM - '05 DODGE MAGNUM SXT
fuel tank : 50L/13 us Gal
not yet determined the *width* of the flow rate for the device IE: how long a QT would last at various adjustments of the needle valve 1/4 turn , 1/2 turn ,1 Turn , 2 turn etc.
at design feed rates [appx 1/4 turn][with MMO only] the QT allegedly last several thousand miles
just the top oil *might* effect the FE

at a feed rate of 1 qt /tank [appx 300 miles ] an increase of about 7-8% would be required to off set the cost of the mix.

i have procured enough product for 7 QT 20% NM.
in heritage machinery of this type the only way to calculate MPG is the run a tank ,fill and divide method. Certainly measurement errors at refuel will skew the results on ONE RUN trials

i will not do expect to do extended *special * trips on trials . rather keep records during normal usage thus the wait time between measurements may be quite long.

the initial trial quantity of product should be adequate to determine IF any FE & Power effect is produced and if further trials are warranted.

Power Increases measured by the classic enthusiast *Butt Dyno*

advise on initial amounts/percentages of water[H2O] to add to the 20% soup might be helpful
some apparent choices:
100% soup no water
75% soup 25 % water
50% soup 50% water
i am inclined to the 75/25 but care must be taken due to the available oxy in the mix and the effect of leaning the mixture to high a % soup and too high a flow rate *could* burn holes in the piston.