View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
EdKiefer
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGB=MPG View Post
no colour tune ..

i tune to this chart , by ear, vacuum and EGT as best i can , mostly by ear
of interest subsequent to the addition of the K&N performance air filter the break on the rich side of the curve was unattainable /undetectable. tuned down from full rich to the break for setting , next carb tune in consideration of the dangers of overly lean running i will add 1/4-1/2 rich from the break

if i had an adjustment screw with an extension brazed on it , a torque tube fitted and extended to the panel , enrichment adjustment on the fly in reference to the EGT would be *spiffy*

no OD ,, mine carries 103 K if you were down the way i think i could make the GT sing for you ,, for the MG enthusiast
check out

The MG Experience: Serving MGB, GT, V8, Midget, MGA, MGC, Magnette & all MG Owners: Forums, Library, Registry, Repair, Restoration, Events Calendar, Cars For Sale, Free Classifieds and more

active forum with knowledgeable members
From what I remember these types of slow drip were meant for upper cylinder oiling in old vehicles , using MMO only . I think it may have help with valvetrain , keeping it oiled a bit .

Wow, I haven't worked on constant velocity carbs in long time (I used to hate tuning them ).
Does yours have bottom adjustment screw that raises the jet in height to the needle ?
Have you experimented with various weight oils in the chambers (to remove bogs or response .