View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 12:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
MGB=MPG
Smooth Operator

Old Yellar - '79 MGB Tourer Drop-Hood Coupé
Sports Cars
90 day: 25.83 mpg (US)

Old Brown Ford - '91 Ford Bronco Custom

MAGNUM - '05 DODGE MAGNUM SXT
Cold Air Intake,,,, CAI Thought to provider a denser colder charge enhancing engine efficiency.improves available power .

Warm Air Induction.... WAI thought to improve fuel economy because of *pumping losses* ...reduces available power

stock intake, .. best of both worlds it will have a sensor that will provide WAI on start until proper operating temps are met then automatically adjust CAI & WAI as required

short ram intake? velocity stacks do you mean?? in carburetor units increases the induction speed for enhanced mixture atomization usually in racing conditions with no air filter
Ram Air Cold Induction ...RACI a cold air induction system with the induction in a high pressure area exposed to the air stream ,, the poor mans supercharger ,, increases the induction pressure by about .02 PSI @ 70 MPG , same as CAI with a wee bit [negligible] of boost.

my unit is a 1800CC if i had what i want it would be a K03 turbocharger
but until engineering development i settle for RACI, development and parts cost prohibitive . i need to do trials with the RACI and a manometer and see if the theoretical .02 PSI is seen in the airbox..

i would like the WAI crowd to provide hard data to support claims

CAI seems to be the big market choice they are every where with vendors claiming effect.

if i were you id hang with the stock system for a while until convincing hard data is presented