View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
mspropst
TDIClub Imported

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrews View Post
If it was me(and it was!!! lol)I,d change the oil. Several military field test on the topic running engines on tests stands for thousand of hours prove this uot. Not use about the testing on the mags.

SORRRY!!! completely missed the texas thing!!!
having been born and raised in Dallas and living in SA for 5 yrs.....I get it!!!! lol
been in sacramento the last 20 and the mindow visors reallyy do work nice. with the right climate!!!!
Haha. Yeah I still plan to change the oil frequently for the first 10,000 miles. But the filter magnets are supposed to be pretty amazing since they pick up all the little particles that the filter doesn't. Filter physically stops stuff from moving cycling over and over (particularly big stuff). Magnet picks up those micro-filaments that the filter can't get which is nice. All the reviews, pictures, videos and "tests" people have performed with them are pretty cool. Especially when they tear open their filter, show the stuff clinging to the magnet, or the differences in oil between an oil change interval with/without the magnet.

As for Texas, Dallas is a good 12-14 hour drive North of where I live. I'm way down on the border. We had 15 days over 110 in July 2009, or 2010. Needless to say I guess I'll at least get better fuel efficiency with a warm engine .