View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
oldbeaver
EcoModding Apprentice

Mercedes 89 D - '89 Mercedes 300 E
90 day: 33.86 mpg (US)

Skodie - '09 Skoda Octavia TDI PD
90 day: 38.84 mpg (US)

1993 Mercedes 300D Turbo - '93 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo W124
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Crossie - '16 Subaru XV Crosstreak
90 day: 9.61 mpg (US)

Crossie - '16 Subaru XV Crosstreak
90 day: 33.34 mpg (US)
Improving MPG on a Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_Marques View Post
all mk5 generation has fmic, in mk4 version, only tdi 150 has fmic, if your car is an asz like mine your car is a mk4 version(here in europe only mk5 generation is called jetta, mk4 generation here is called Bora)
My asz is quite differnt from yours because it's the last version of asz, it's not available on golf or jetta chassis, i swaped it
so, if your car is a asz and it's mk4 chassis you really dont have fmic(i read your topic and the name jetta only reminds me mk5, that's my mistake).
Dear Mario,

I have a Skoda Octavia 2009, with an 1.9 TDI engine. I have it almost standard but my upper grill cover. The cooling is ok, the fans have never run even at 30 degrees centigrades. The water cooling system remain always at 80 degrees ok (after warming up).

The car is responsive, the factory air intake is larger than the mod shown on this pages. So no need of modifying it. Undercover of the car is factory sealed as a standard also. I also removed the rear wheels mud flaps (I forgot that).

As you and other said, seems hard to improve MPG on this beauty. Mine has ASG transmission and even though, I am getting 5% over EPA, due to my driving habits I think, the little mods I did and the good condition of the car of course.

I am also waiting to see the next part of the Autospeed mod of the exhaust.
My motherīs language is Spanish, but what I understood from part 3, is that freeing exhaust flow didnīt improve power, what means that it probably didnīt improve MPG also. Do you agree on that?

How would you classify Skoda Octavia TDI 2009: MK4, MK5, or ...?
Do you know where is the Intercooler located in this car?

Thank you and good tuning!

Oldbeaver

Last edited by oldbeaver; 02-25-2011 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: improving