View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #35 (permalink)
jamesqf
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
How is an axe ground for profit different than an axe ground for liability cases or political actavism. What would make one more trust werthy than the other? I would suggest to you that the range of trust werthyness is the same for all three groups.
And I wouldn't really disagree. But the thing is, I don't really TRUST any of them at all. Rather, I work on what I know of their motivations. A corporation (if its management is intelligent, which is not a given) wants to go on making a profit from me, and from the rest of its customers, which means that it will act in ways which its management believes will maximize profit, and which will allow it to go on making that profit in the future.

The liability lawyer is motivated by a desire to collect maximum damages, and thus is motivated to distort the facts & play on emotions in order to win large judgements. The political activists want to gain power for their faction, and thus have not even the restraint of potentially being cited for contempt to restrain their distortions & outright lies - which ALL political activists resort to, whenever it suits their ends.