View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 03:12 PM   #50 (permalink)
harlequin2
EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyguy View Post
Programming for others would be involved. Individualized settings make it so:
-Traction battery capacity
-Peukert exponent
-MTE setting for particular EV (pmile parameter)
-vpack trim to compensate for individual U5 transfer gain tolerance
-profiles

And you will most likely find yourself needing to go back and "tweak" some of these values for better tracking accuracy.

Preprogrammed PICs would be fine to get someone started so they can see that their assembly efforts were successful, but builders should definitely consider investing in the PICKIT2 (or clone).

BTW-Like the reason for your edit

Yes, you are quite right, I should've thought of that. Didn't, probably the same reason for my edit. But it's morning now and all is very clear!
It would be nice to add something to enable these parameters to be set up via the serial port using something like RTD Explorer. Something for someone to have a look at! Have to build one first and also finish a 1000A controller, so its a wee way down my list.
Order sent off to PCBCART today - for 15 pcbs.

Invoice value $185.88 NZ dollars, including postage. I think the airmail small packet rate from NZ to USA is $NZ7.50 so that makes the cost per board, sent to the US, pretty much $NZ20. (Approx $US15)
Anyone who wants 1 (or more), my PayPal account is at harlequin2@xnet.co.nz
I asked for the 8 day delivery from PCBCART and airmail NZ-US is about 5 days, so you can expect a board in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by harlequin2; 02-28-2011 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: update