View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
wjbell
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamZipPow View Post
Good idea...

If he gits a tapered headache rack and puts in some rails on the back of the boxes that can adjust up/down when he needs the rack to be up...that might work. Not sure about the sheet of aluminum though...might be kinda pricey/heavy. I could see a sheet of plywood or something with maybe a hole cut out fer seeing out the back.

He could almost build an adjustable aerocap based on the headache rack and adjustable ladder rails! Slap on some sides that can lift out of the way...maybe made of Coroplast or FRP.
That's what I was thinking of doing, get the single bar headache rack and secure the boxes up front to that. Then have leg stand to make the back of the boxes solid. Then mount two short pipes to the top of the boxed in the rear that the back bar from the rackit rack will slide and clip on when I need to carry a ladder. Then I can go from there on a cover. I tried it last night just setting the bar on the boxes and it's only a slight angle so even carrying a 28 ft extension it wouldn't be sticking up too high in the front.