View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #100 (permalink)
htvfd460
EcoModding Lurker

American - '06 Ford Ranger STX
90 day: 27.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
(A) We know to expect BRAKES yes BRAKES NOT BREAKS to lose power assist after a while.

(B) OK where did this come from?

(C) Most oily motors don't burst into flames.

(D)I'd like to see the explanation and supporting data for that. I don't believe it for a second.

(E) The brakes have to work harder... hmmm... not.

(F) Nobody- and I mean NOBODY- is reporting a 67% decrease in tire life.

(G) If that happens I'd say one has gone too far with the overinflating, and is also going far too fast.

(H) Bring some good supporting evidence or even logic and we'll listen...
A-Fanks for teh speling corection. I t maeks a difrents in evry1s Uh-bility 2 undr stand teh mesage wAt I R taulking ah-boot. Eh? I am pretty sure any one who read my horrible spelling still understood what i was expressing.

B- The Ford Escape Hybrid started Ford's Electronic assist steering. It ties in to the computer and ABS module. When a low CCA battery is being used the electronics {Diodes, capasitors, Rectifiers, resistors and so on} Dont perform to their intended use. If cruising and the battery doesnt have enough charge to start the current escapes {with a fueld motor} then the steering efforts will increase and may result in seroius problems. Along with any electronic module malfunctioning {ABS}.

C- Check out Chrysler's recall campaign K26. 10v-475 from oct 2010. In sum they recalled 26,000 vehicles for risk of fire from the powersteering fluid going on the the engine.

D- Check out www.Ehow.com/i/#article_5784335 and there is a nice tire pressure chart with temp adjustments on this one Tire Inflation

E- www.Sports.racer.net/brake_bias.htm Along with my Automotive training and Ford's training as well. Take a mass and rorate it at a high speed {Centrifugal Force} Now further the distance of the diameter of that mass. Suddenly it has more kinetic energy. To slow down this increased energy an opposing force with equil energy must be applied. So simple.

F- Thats good that no one is describing those concerns here. But have you overinflated a 285/75/16 load range D for an E application? Or have you dealt with overinflated tires installed on a KIA? A wider spectrum of experience is where i am speaking from {In comparison to what people could think}. And little johnny with daddys cadilac thinks the tires look low, he's going to fill them up untill he sees the bottom treads. Ohh but he doesn't know that the tires were ok from the get go. Oops! 60psi later.... and the next service daddys mechanic says: "why are your tires overinflated? I set them to the propper pressure 3000 miles ago! The pressure should have dropped a little. Not doubled!"

G- Yes you are correct. But the roads round here are full of potholes and speed bumps. Gravel and oils. This one applies to location.

H-my favorite parts was with your retort. C you used the word "Most" indicating you know that it has happened and it is a danger if PS fluid reaches a hot enough surface to reach its flashpoint. The spelling thing i already had my say, and i must add that it was partiall from frustration. I know my spelling suck, but this isnt college. I will give my self an F on that one. As for H- Ohh the logic is there. But no one is listening to you either... Unless you recorded your voice and responded by posting a link to the audio file. We are reading here. Ohh by the way going loosely with the term "Listening" You obviously did. you wouldn't have responded if you didn't take the info in and process it. {I have been corrected for the Listening thing so many times its just a pet peve now}