View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #191 (permalink)
Weather Spotter
Wiki Mod

Max - '14 Ford C-Max SEL
Well I have been in the leak fixing business the last week or so. I have been fixing leaky pipes at work and when I leave I have to clean up a puddle in the car We have had some heavy rain and I have gotten a great chance to see where the leaks are coming from. To my surprise it is not at the car to tail joint but from the tail to top window.

The first thing I did was to re caulk the window down, when I changed out the screws for security ones it broke the seal. This fixed about half of the issue. But I still had water coming in from the tail to window top joint. I replaced the foam seal I used (I grabbed the wrong one originally, it was open cell) and that might have fixed it. Just to be safe I put a piece of plastic 4 or 6 mill over the joint and caulked it. Now it can flex but should keep the rain from getting to the joint in the first place.

I also got the top, passenger side, back and all but a 4" strip of the drivers side primed! Now it looks close to the car color (silver car and gray tail). This paint job is covering over my 45 + MPG writing on the side so I expect the looks on the highway to be more puzzled for a few days. I have 3" letters to put on once I finish painting the tail.

More warm weather for this week so I might get some paint on!

I might also go get some picts to post up too!