View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
igo -

(didn't look at the youtube, but I have seen others ...)

I have a hydrogen booster from http://hydrogen-boost.com/ . I have NOT gotten it to work in terms of increased MPG, but I have also not implemented the whole system, so my result is inconclusive. I have the hydrogen (Brown's Gas) generator installed, but I have not installed the fuel heater, or modified the MAP/MAF sensor. I have modified/augmented the 02 sensor with an EFIE (http://www.eagle-research.com/FAQ/FS/efiefaq.html).

I strongly encourage you to read this and other newsletters from this dude, because I think he is an honest broker :

Stressed Combustion and Hydrogen Boost
http://www.hydrogen-boost.com/August%202007.html
Quote:
... Normally a vehicle is not operating under these stressed combustion conditions, except during engine warm-up. So during normal vehicle operation there are few times when the benefits of hydrogen assist can be taken advantage of. Hence my statement, “The complete system is required to expect considerable increase in mileage on your vehicle.” However if your hydrogen booster is installed on a work vehicle that often uses heavy throttle because of heavy loads or under other stressed combustion conditions, there may be a benefit to the hydrogen assist alone. For most people interested in good mileage there are seldom such conditions. Good mileage drivers typically drive slower, with smoother acceleration and deceleration, and keep their loads minimized. They combine trips to drive more when their engine is warm and drive in conditions when their engine performs efficiently. So is hydrogen assist a benefit to them or not? Can we create good mileage by creating operating conditions that normally cause stressed combustion? Yes we can and do with the Complete Hydrogen Boost system. ...
Here is my opinion on hydrogen generators :

1 - The ideal circumstance for these systems is diesel engines being used under "normal load" conditions. Since diesel likes lean burn, and hydrogen generators are trying to supplement engine power under lean-burn conditions, the two go together quite well. When I say "normal load", I mean normal operating conditions that do not necessarily emphasize saving fuel. For instance, a diesel engine at a work site needs to do "work", not save fuel. However, a hydrogen generator can help save fuel in this situation. Also, there is evidence that the hydrogen improves diesel emissions. If you google around, you will find that there are very $$ systems being marketed to truckers right now.

2 - The system will work with gasoline engines, but it is a very complicated proposition. You have to be savvy with all the other mods that go along with the hydrogen generator to make it work. For various reasons, I have not been willing/smart enough and/or had the time to make it work.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society