View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #72 (permalink)
dieseleverything
Diesel Addict

E300 Diesel - '95 Mercedes E300 Diesel
90 day: 100 mpg (US)

240D - '78 Mercedes 240D
90 day: 119.6 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Dave View Post
So can I! With my 4 liter Mustang. Since the gasoline I buy at Safeway is up to 10% ethanol, I often exceed 300 MPG (of ethanol).
Once again wrong. Your "gasoline mileage" would increase by about 10%.

It seems the general consensus it that the modifications need to improve the vehicles efficiency. My modifications improve my vehicles efficiency, it uses less diesel fuel....er "gas" (for you Honda drivers), per mile driven. It seems to be etched in your brains that one needs to "work for their savings" by doing things like driving like an a-hole and using belly pans, and ridiculous hub caps.

What do you people think will happen if your car is turned off and a deer runs in front of your car? What about the ABS, the airbag, the seatbelt pre-tensioners? You will be pumping your brakes to make up for the lack of ABS (if the road is slick, and because you have your tires at 50 psi) and next thing you know all the vacuum will be gone and no more power brakes either.

I drive responsibly, I use my vehicle the way it was designed and still save a bunch of money. And, a lot of you do so much work to get 50 mpg, I also have a '03 TDI Jetta and get 48-50 MPG without so much as trying. (I'm sure you'll call that a lie too, feel free)