View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 11:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
return2pa
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlvs2run View Post
U.S. airbags are designed to be used without seat belts, and are therefore more forceful and dangerous.
You are just SO wrong on so many of your "facts" concerning airbags.

Where in the world did you get the idea that they (in the U.S.) are designed to be used "without seatbelts". Please point to the documentation you are referring to.

Oh, that's right, you can't. Airbags are indeed to be used in conjunction with seatbelts. Actually won't do the job they're designed to do without them.

Frankly, if you're worried about "any inoculous (sic) bump" or having a "time bomb" in your car, you have some serious issues that need to be dealt with. You do realize that you Honda has a gas tank, right, with a liquid inside that gives off explosive fumes!!!! OMG, what are you doing to take care of that little problem??

BTW, yes, it's definitely illegal to tamper with emissions controls or the air bag systems.

I'm curious: Are you on your own or do you have people that ride with you? If so, are you letting them know that you've disabled the airbags? Are you going to tell the next owner that you've done that? Sheeesh.....

I am very happy that I'm not riding in your car.