View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
The Rooster
He ain't gonna die!

Tree Catcher - '94 Acura Integra LS
90 day: 32.12 mpg (US)

The Old Dog - '92 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 31.58 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvevoltman View Post
I just got done reading your post. I am new here and have been reading and learning. I too drive an Integra. Mine is a 1990 GS 5 speed. I've had the car for around 10 years and in the early years did the intake, header, exhaust mods. Other than that my car is stock. Before I started trying to improve my FE I would get 33mpg. Now, after doing some minor things to the car my last three tanks have yielded 38, 39, and 37mpg. I live in east Tennessee and don't have much flat road to travel. Most of my driving 90% is interstate. I believe once I adjust the nut behind the wheel I will break the 40mpg mark. Did you notice any difference by removing the rear seats? I've considered doing this, along with my passengers seat and spare tire. I may try it for a week and see what results I get. Have you considered a camshaft change? I know 90-91 cams are milder than 92+.
Nope, to be honest very litte that I've done, other than just slowing down has made a difference. Weight, less weight, grill block, no grill block, tire pressure...nothing really seems to matter. It just hovers around 33 MPG when commutinmg at 60 mph in normal weather. At this point I've given up on modifying the car to increase fuel economy, it seems pointless. The seats and spare will be going back in the car and I'm going to paint it the stock color.