View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 07:59 AM   #22 (permalink)
metroschultz
Master EcoModder

CPT SLO - '93 GEO Metro plainjane
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

SilverHairBeauty - '01 Toyota Avalon XL
90 day: 24.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to metroschultz
We have red light cameras here.
I am for them. I am also for speed cameras. I drove in Europe for 4 years and never got a camera ticket.
I got one red light ticket. That is the last one I'll get. My wife on the other hand, is funding the new school Gym.

If you run a light here, and the camera gets your picture, then that footage (they take a video of you, then select stills to send your way) is reviewed by a panel of 3 city police officers. Their decision must be unanimous. The panel changes every week. If they see that you slowed before making your turn, and the way was safe for you to proceed, then you get no ticket. If you entered the intersection on the green or yellow and traffic forced you to get caught there, no ticket. The current stat here in VB, is 40% tickets and 60% go free. If there is any disagreement between the officers, you get no ticket.

In one of the posts, it stated that and officer was watching traffic as they passed the camera. People were as much as 9 mph over who did not get a picture snapped. The one at 13 over got his taken. That tells me there is some leeway, or grace allowed. And they are targeting the ones who are most likely to cause an accident.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
Albert Einstein