View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwilson4web View Post
We went with the 2010 Prius (ZVW30) but the new Insight is a good, compact, hybrid. We needed more space and I hit my head trying to get in the Insight. I'm also impressed with the user reported MPG at Fuel Economy.

Currently I commute with a 2003 Prius and the Honda Insight compares well with that compact car. But the 2003 Prius is paided off and the 52 MPG is sweet when gas runs $3.50/gallon.

Bob Wilson
I've had a chance to rent the 3 generations of Priuses, and really enjoyed driving each one. When it came time to buy, I was really looking for more of a commuter car for just me, with the added responsibility of occasional family hauling. My Wife's TSX has the room to haul 4 passengers + the driver (and large trunk space), so the compact and economical construction of the Insight offered the solution for not needing more space (plus our experience with Honda/Acura has been great over the years). The Integra does the rough stuff (3rd car, Winter, highway trips for work, cargo hauling, and extended outdoor parking) and has long been paid off, so the work mileage essentially goes to a routine repair fund -- plus, it has been a great FE experiment car since I started my FE journey.

Basically, I just need to hone my skills with the Hybrid drivetrain to maximize results since I drive both the gassers and the Insight regularly.

RH77

_
_