View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #267 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
Today I noticed that when I take hard turns, the injector loses gas or something because it sputters for a bit then recovers when I start going straight again. I wonder if this could be low fuel pressure? The fuel pump is the honda pump... I can't imagine the voltage or pressure being too terribly different... suzuki and honda both use denso components everywhere. Not sure specifically about the pump though. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem on corners...It also doesn't seem to wanna start when it's been sitting a while. Very stubborn starter. I've gotta coax it a little with the throttle. Keying on and off a couple times before cranking to make sure the fuel is being pushed up there has no effect.

I got gutsy enough to take 'er on the highway today. Definitely issues with front driver's side area. It makes a "thumpy" grumble. I know it can NOT be the bearing, so it's not that type of grumble. I def need to look again at the steering rack and the tie rods. It pulls to the right. Braking has no effect on the pull (I don't think the brakes are damaged or braking parasitically on that wheel). I don't remember it being this bad with different tires, so I think it's pretty safe to assume my new insight rim/tire is wayyy out of balance... but will that be the whole story? Tune in next time for the continuation of this gripping saga.