View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 11:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
crisco
EcoModding New Guy

hey from the new guy

hey i've been thinking about joining this for a long time... i am thinking about doing a few things to get better mileage out of my subaru WRX wagon... it's not the perfect starting point i know but maybe that means i can get more bang from my modding.

starting point: 2002 wrx wagon, hwy: 27 mpg when new (im the original owner). now after 10 years and 205,000 miles, still gets 27 mpg on the highway. no modifications to the car to speak of.

i also have a 99 sti sedan, a 2002 echo, a T100 and a Dodge caravan..

i will try to clean things up without changing the shape too much at first and see how that goes. i did remove the rear wing and i suppose that is better for mileage.

next i would probably plan on doing some changes to the wheels/tires, and then some engine/tuning work.

thats my plan for now but who knows, maybe i will get more ideas as time goes on.

i would love to be able to get a much better way to determine gas mileage as a base point and monitor things as time goes on. like a specific route to drive, and a very accurate and precise way to monitor fuel consumption.

looking forward to learning more from you gurus.