View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #57 (permalink)
moTthediesel
Turbo Lurker

VonBondo - '65 Porsche 356SC Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucepick View Post
Wow - It was a real thrill to participate in the event on that course. My brother Steve drove up from NJ to navigate. We really enjoyed getting together for this.

From where I sit, moving this event to Watkins Glen International should certainly raise public recognition of fuel economy competitions.
I agree! I thought driving the course (After having gone there to watch events for years) was a real thrill. That grade up through the esses was much steeper when seen from the track, that's for sure!

Quote:
Tom (moTthediesel), Matt (gray Insight I) and I represented EcoModder at this year's GGP. I took first in Class 2 at 57.21 mpg. Matt of course far surpassed me in mpg but in another class, I believe #5. Tom, please weigh in and let us know how it went for you.
Weigh in indeed! I actually don't know what I got for mileage because I was distracted talking to someone and didn't find out my second scale result Then I was yakking with George Voll (diesel Metro conversion) and missed most of the award ceremony too.

I emailed Bob and asked him to let me know, but I guess he's still trying to figure out the TSD results, because I haven't heard from him yet.

I really have no idea how well we did. We pulled some pretty high egt's up through the esses and the whole length of the back straight. OTOH, we were able to do good bit of EOC too, maybe 25% of the lap length, so who knows?

I suggested to Bob that they post all the results on the website, I hope they do.