View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
steffen707
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac View Post
Hello there. I'm looking to install one of the Rostras in my '98 Civic DX. What exactly did you do with the tach signal? Also, does it work well?

Any help would be appreciated.
JMac
Sorry it took me so long to respond JMAC, i'll have to look at my wiring to see which wire I had to use to get this to work right. I originally used the "blue" tach wire off the dash, and that's the wrong one. I think its the chk sensor you need from the distributor, but let me look and report back.

As far as the unit itself, it works very well. In winter however, the buttons are very hard to push. They are made from a very stiff rubber, almost like plastic and don't push well in very cold Wisconsin. The rubber buttons on my audiovox one work awesome on my autox car, but they no longer make the audiovox unit. You could probably find a much nicer push button setup, and I believe it was just a 5 wire 2 toggle switch, nothing special. What I did was mounted it just below my left side vent, and i point the vent down towards the switch and it warms up the buttons to be able to push them. I'll take a pic of that tomorrow and post back here.