Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2010, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Rostra 250-1223 install, HELP!

Has anybody ever installed one of these? Because I can not get it to work for 1 second on my stock 97 honda civic dx manual.

I have installed 2 audiovox ccs100 kits on hondas before, but always in "tach only mode" And they work flawlessly.

The problem i think I'm having is with the dip switches. I did the self diagnostic test and all the control buttons work, as does the vss test, tach test and brake pedal switch test. But the servo never kicks in.

I have tried 4000ppm (what the manual says for hondas) and 8000ppm (what i found online to be true), i have tried low-high gains, and low high and extra high 4 cyl.

NOTHING WORKS. Can somebody please help me out, I wasted a day on this and am ready to return it.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-24-2010, 12:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Well it turns out that if you have the wrong tach signal, the cruise control won't work at all. So after I got the right one, everything works perfectly.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Musician w/ Light Wallet

SeaBiscuit - '98 Honda Civic DX Hatch
Team Honda
90 day: 39.99 mpg (US)
Hello there. I'm looking to install one of the Rostras in my '98 Civic DX. What exactly did you do with the tach signal? Also, does it work well?

Any help would be appreciated.
JMac
Old 04-16-2011, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac View Post
Hello there. I'm looking to install one of the Rostras in my '98 Civic DX. What exactly did you do with the tach signal? Also, does it work well?

Any help would be appreciated.
JMac
Sorry it took me so long to respond JMAC, i'll have to look at my wiring to see which wire I had to use to get this to work right. I originally used the "blue" tach wire off the dash, and that's the wrong one. I think its the chk sensor you need from the distributor, but let me look and report back.

As far as the unit itself, it works very well. In winter however, the buttons are very hard to push. They are made from a very stiff rubber, almost like plastic and don't push well in very cold Wisconsin. The rubber buttons on my audiovox one work awesome on my autox car, but they no longer make the audiovox unit. You could probably find a much nicer push button setup, and I believe it was just a 5 wire 2 toggle switch, nothing special. What I did was mounted it just below my left side vent, and i point the vent down towards the switch and it warms up the buttons to be able to push them. I'll take a pic of that tomorrow and post back here.

Reply  Post New Thread