View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #358 (permalink)
harshalsk
Newbee Hypermiler!

SilverHondaFit - '13 Honda Fit
90 day: 35.72 mpg (US)
Thanks for your reply. I will work on getting wheel skirts for my xA.

I have a question though about the upper grill block. I had gorilla black tape (since my car is black looks great) on my upper grill. In Dallas you get lot of temprature variations and during hot days 90+ F you have to have AC running otherwise you are a fried potato.

I noticed my fan is running whenever I have stop at light (no AC on) or it is running while driving with AC on most of the times. My concern is will this fry some of the things under hood for my car? I do not want to have car fire for sure. Also do not want to go beyond or near the tolerable temprature limits for the engine. So I took away one of the tape from the grill and then fan is not whirring as frequently. Of course that will cost me at least 1 mile per gallon.

Also what is the best and cheaperst way to lower the car? Will lowering car by upto 2 inches will really make any difference? Can this be done on the stock springs?

Kammback like metroMPG sounds good but what is the best way to achieve it on our cars. Also do you mean to get rid of rear wheel strakes?