View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 01:03 AM   #23 (permalink)
Ford Man
Master EcoModder

Someone that saw the cow told my sister in law that it probably weighed between 1200-1400 pounds and a friend of mine that saw it estimated 1000 pounds. Regardless of weight it was a huge animal.

I haven't updated the condition of my brother lately, partly because I've been sick for the last few days and wasn't going to go see him and possibly make him sick. I did go see him this afternoon which was the first time I'd seen him since last Saturday. When I went in they had him up sitting in a chair in his room, he said he'd been sitting up for about 3 hours and that this was the first day since his accident that he had felt good all day. He looked much better than he did a week ago, with nearly all the swelling on the left side of his face gone. He's now able to talk to us instead of having to write notes, he's able to fully open his left eye, partially open his right eye and they started feeding him soft foods and liquids today. If this isn't enough good news tomorrow he goes to rehab. He doesn't know yet how long he'll be in rehab, but they are saying probably not very long. He's hoping for a week and that might be about right. I think they are just going to have him in rehab to help him regain his strength from the accident and just lying around for the past 2 weeks.

Last edited by Ford Man; 05-02-2011 at 01:16 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ford Man For This Useful Post:
cfg83 (05-02-2011), dcb (05-02-2011)