View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
steffen707
Master EcoModder

[QUOTE=TomO;236582]It does go from 4-3-2-1 but it still gets distributed fairly evenly. Each runner is pulling in EGR gas on the intake stroke only. That means that #1 runner pulls first (the farthest one from the EGR), then #2, then #4, then #3, the firing order of our D15Z1.[QUOTE]

Okay, well that makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is that I have my EGR control solenoid hooked up now with switched power as It should and the EGR system isn't functioning. I hooked a vacuum gauge up to the line between the control valve and the EGR and drove for about 30 miles last night and it never saw vacuum.

I also hooked a vacuum pump to the egr and while driving squeezed the pump to supply vacuum to the EGR and you could definately notice the engine running differently.

Also i tried swapping the p07 A00 ecu out for another one I own and the EGR never operated and never threw a code either.

I also checked the tps and map, and both checked out properly to what the honda manual said they should when multimetering various wires.

Kinda stumped as to why its not throwing an EGR code, and is never operating the EGR system. Still seems to get great gas mileage per my mpguino though its calibrated to my DX engine. Only time will tell true MPG.