View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 07:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
redyaris
Master EcoModder

redyaris - '07 Toyota Yaris
Team Toyota
90 day: 45.54 mpg (US)

Gray - '07 Suzuki GS500 F
Motorcycle
90 day: 70.4 mpg (US)

streamliner1 - '83 Honda VT500 streamliner
Motorcycle
90 day: 75.63 mpg (US)

White Whale - '12 Sprinter 2500 Cargo Van
90 day: 22.01 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatr911 View Post
Sorry about the time goof. The literature is correct, use the later time.

Typical North We(s)t weather. I have no mercy for the rest of you with a little rain. I committed to riding my 200cc supermoto today. The rain gear has started to leak so I'm wet to my underpants even before the event has started.

RedYaris called me yesterday. He rode his Suzuki GS500 all the way from Alberta - In the rain much of the way. Now HE is really committed. If I understood correctly he managed about 70mpg at 75-80mph or so. VERY impressive!!!

Sounds like a pretty good turnout so far.
For the 1594 mile trip I used 23.3 gals or 68.4 mpg mostly on interstate freeways at 70mph plus. and I was still being passed by 25% of the traffic. It rained very heavely on Sunday on interstate 5 and interstate 90 until I got over the coast mountain range, at Ellensburg, Wa. after Ellensburg i went north/east through Ephrata, Stratford, Davenport, Hunters on state hyways 283, 28, and 25 to the Canadian boarder, then on BC hyway 3, 95, 93 and the trans Canada hyway back home. crossed 4 major mountain Passes, with snow up to the edge of the raod. The traffic seemed to vanish after I left the interstates, Had one incedent when stopping on the side of the road for a rest. I put my foot down to support the bike, but the ground sloped away more than I expected and I couldn't hold the bike up and it fell over on its side!!! I couldn't pick it up eather until a couple of good semaritains stopped to help me. I got to thinking after that and thought that a 250cc V twin should be much easier to pick up and with lots of aeromods it would be a good eco-touring bike. thanks for the "seeing eye dog" guided tour of the course. will some one be posting the results for the ralley?
I think I will be stealing your plasic cargo box idea for my WR250 with some modifications for better aero. While following you I noticed that the box was well sized with respect to your back, and that the lid could be modified to emprove the air flow. $20 very well spent I think!

Last edited by redyaris; 05-10-2011 at 09:46 AM..