View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 04:38 AM   #142 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Two new mini-mods:
I covered the hole between my intake and radiator. That should keep warm air out of the intake air when stopped. I have no idea why that hole was there in the first place, Arragonis mentioned having something similar in his Fabia.

The second mod is a small tab of plastic in the right half of the upper grille. The plastic funnels air from the radiator half into the intercooler half. With the IC being walled off from the rad, hopefully this mod will increase engine temp and cool intake air by a tiny amount. I doubt that either of these mini-mods will have a visible effect on FE, though.

Next week the Wife and I are driving to Slovenia for vacation. I will remove the rear wheel skirts since I have heard about how anal Austrian police are when they spot a car with Polish plates. I'll keep the Kammback though, since it is easier to remove on the roadside, and probably has a larger effect on FE.

It's getting warm, the daytime temps are above 20°C (68°F), but ever since I lost the upper grille block engine temps haven't been high yet. Is it time to remove that temporary engine insulation? Nah!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grille_tab.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	8323   Click image for larger version

Name:	intake_tab.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	8324  

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread