View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
yes I was able to make my own by water washing. I saw a 9mpg improvement in fuel economy. I however have NOT been able to test this on "summer blend" gasoline. that was winter blend. SO it may have been a larger increase due to ethanol AND winter blend mixing???

in the summer I lack the funds to go buy 30-40 gallons of gasoline since summer is when I have my events and trips planned. (naram ldrs etc..)

I also discovered my container I used to MAKE IT will not work long term. it lasts for about 20-30 gallons of gas before the ethanol destroys the plastic (only at the bottom where the ETHANOL sits) the gasoline does not effect the plastic.

I am on the prowl for a larger than 5 gallon glass carboy. wine makers etc.. use them sadly they are also rather expensive. Once I find such a thing at a price I am afford I will try again with summer blend gasoline.

On E10 I get 52-54mpg I am hoping to break 60mpg with E0. its just a matter of time and money.

I have a LOT of work to do on my geo my van and my boat this summer so we shall see.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerys For This Useful Post:
justjohn (05-12-2011)