View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
JohnS
MIT (Modder In Training)

FuguMobile - '01 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 24.89 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roe View Post
- I've seen that the Scanguage II can have some pretty intense savings, but would it have as big of an effect on the interstate? I do drive over quite a few of hills, if anything I think it could help in that regard
Hi Roe,

I'm new here also. Same deal: been lurking for several months, learning what EM is all about and just now getting up the courage to try doing some stuff to the FuguMobile to get more MPGs out of it.

I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as the other guys in here. But I can speak to your Scanguage question. I purchased one a couple of months ago and it made a HUGE difference in the way I drive. It took me a little time to understand some of the guages and stats...and their relationship as to how it affects my driving style. But once I "got it", it helped me jump my MPGs up from the low-20s to a near 30MPG on a pretty consistent basis now.

As Nevyn mentioned, TPS is useful for getting your throttle position just right. I also like to use that along with the instantaneous MPG to see how feathering the throttle can make a big difference in my fuel consumption. (Nice to see the always satisfying *9999*, too!) And being able to track the current trip and tank MPGs gives me something to shoot for between tank fill-ups.

I know the $150 price tag scares some people off, but I'm sure it will pay for itself many times over in my case.

Hope that helps a little.

John