View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 10:31 PM   #242 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith2039 View Post
That reminds me.. years ago 2005 I think I was going home from Lenexa to Butler via 69 at night and I hit a full-size couch with my Festiva at 75mph. Didn't do any damage though which is surprising wasn't much left of the couch though!
OMG! I'm sure there was a flurry of split-second decisions before that impact -- especially in a low-profile vehicle. What gets me is, how does someone not know they lost a couch? Glad to hear it didn't damage the vehicle or injure anyone...

My commute these days is mostly low-speed to the home-office -- The "Q" (almost every Monday, near the Sprint campus), and up to the airport (from home, near LS, Greenwood, and Lake Winnebago). I spend a lot of time on the new 150-highway (still under construction) instead of I-470 to I-435. With most of it 4-lane now, I can slow on the hills and be easily passed.

Being home-based, I traded cars (Insight for TSX) with my Wife, who teaches in Belton. We're saving about $20/week with the switch -- I either take the Integra or TSX (I'm getting low 30's in both, so the TSX is nice upgrade some days)... and my Wife kinds likes the Insight (I mean it's not her first choice, but saving money is a big plus). For work, many trips in rentals occur every month to Joplin and Springfield. I pass Butler quite often on 71-Highway (or the upcoming I-49, I believe it is soon to be).

We really need to get a MO-KAN meet organized again. I missed the inaugural one at Independence Center Mall -- but I'm sure another could be organized if we get enough show of hands...

RH77

_
_