View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #39 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyrabbit View Post
This system works just as I surmised earlier. It is not a perpetual motion scheme, it is a catalyst to promote faster, hotter, and more complete combustion of the fuel already in the vehicle.
There is no doubt this belongs in the coral. Not even your testing of it would be compelling at this point because you are not discussing science, but popularity, and have an "It works" agenda. i.e. you "want to believe". You would need to be very exacting in deed and method if you wish to convince anyone else that it is more than the placebo effect.

Nonetheless you are still saying (now with the buzzword, catalyst) that your car will work better by burning gas to turn the alternator to make hydrogen to put in the intake. That even when mythbusters tried it on a most inefficient old car, it didn't do squat, and this guy either. Water Car Test - HHO Shows Why You Can't Run Cars on Water - Popular Mechanics

If you are bent on trying it, then do it already. If you are "sold" by a 3 page paper from Turkey that said a volvo got %43 reduction in fuel consumption, then go for it. If you think ebay feedback is sufficient proof, then do it. Do not expect anyone else to do it, cuz it doesn't make much sense, so go for it. If you don't see gains I'm sure someone will explain it is because you aren't doing it right.
Frank Lee (05-15-2011), UFO (05-16-2011)